Darkness at Bay
Felkin Circle (Sub-District)
A historic neighborhood located in the Old Downtown area that offers guided tours once weekly.
Felkin Circle might as well be called Felkin Maze; the winding streets conform to no modern philosophies on neighborhood layouts or city development, instead drawing directly on their historic nature. Things in Felkin Circle are not just old-looking—they are themselves old, preserved relics from different periods in Royal Bay’s history. French and Spanish colonial architecture dominates here, with numerous gardens and low hanging trees forming back up.
- If you can find someone to talk to (generally pretty easy), Academics rolls related to Royal Bay history or classical art gets a +2 bonus.
- Stealth checks gain a +2 bonus here at night, as streetlamps are both not plentiful and often blocked by foliage of some sort.
- Survival checks made here to find food gain a +1 bonus, as many trees and gardens are the fruit or vegetable bearing sort.
- Animal Ken checks gain a +1 bonus here, thanks to its seeming seclusion from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Expression checks gain a +1 bonus here thanks to much of the populace considering themselves patrons of the arts and definite appreciators.
- Crime is low here, so Streetwise checks suffer a -3 penalty.